Full Text of Answers to Questions of Mako and Kei Komuro

 



 

Mako(30), the eldest daughter of the Akishino family, and Kei Komuro (30), who submitted their marriage registration on the 26th, held a press conference on the same day and released their answers to questions posed by the media in advance in written form. The full text is as follows.

 

[Introduction]

 

I have received three questions from the Imperial Household Press Association, one from the Japan Magazine Association, and one from the Foreign Press Association. I believe that all of the questions have been carefully considered. However, among these questions, there were some that could have given the impression that false information was true. I was shocked by this, and when I imagined answering such questions orally in the hall, I felt that it would be impossible for me to answer them orally, as it would rekindle my fears and further spread my emotional scars. I sincerely regret that I was asked a question that could give the impression that false information is fact.

 

[Questions from the Imperial Household Press Association]

 

Q1: I would like to ask you both a few questions. Ms. Mako and Mr. Kei Komuro were married more than four years after their engagement proposal. A series of marriage ceremonies were not held, and the couple did not receive a lump-sum payment when they left the Imperial Family, which is unusual. Please tell us about your current state of mind and what has been your emotional support. What did your parents, your younger siblings, the Emperor and Empress, and the Emperor and Empress say to you about your marriage, and how did you take it?

 

Answer

 Mako: My current state of mind is that I am relieved to be married. We have been supported by each other and by the people who have always encouraged and supported us. I would like to keep your words about our marriage and how I am receiving them in my heart and mind.

 

Kei: I hadn't seen Mako for three years, so when I came back to Japan and met her, I was very happy. And I am happy that we are married today. We have been apart for a long time, but I am grateful that Mako has kept the same feelings for me. What has been my emotional support is that I have been able to share many feelings with Mako through our daily contact.

 

Q2: First of all, let me ask Mako. How do you feel about leaving the Imperial Family, where you spent 30 years, and becoming a private citizen? What is the position of the Imperial Family like for you, and what do you particularly remember about it? Also, now that Mr. Komuro has found a job in the U.S., what kind of environment and family do you both hope to build in the future? Also, when did you start discussing and deciding on this? Please tell us about your expectations and concerns, as well as your dreams for Mako's employment and future. As former members of the Imperial Family and their husbands, how do the two of you intend to be involved with the Imperial Family in the future?

 

Answer of Mako: It hasn't been long since I left the Imperial Family this morning. I think that your feelings about being a civilian will probably be felt as early as tomorrow, after today is over. It is very difficult to answer how you feel in a few hours.

 

For me, my position as a member of the Imperial Family has been made possible by the help, watchfulness, support, and warm feelings of many people. The time I have spent as a member of the Imperial Family has been colored by many encounters. Each memory is a treasure, and it is unlikely that I will be able to choose a particular memory.

 

As for my future, I would like to refrain from answering this question since it is a personal matter, but I hope to be able to build a warm family in an environment where I can spend my time in peace. However, this is not something that I have decided after consulting with you.

 

From now on, I expect to be able to live in peace and quiet. Since you are entering a new environment, there are various anxieties. If I had to pick one of my biggest fears, it would be that there will continue to be slander against me, my family, Ms. Kei, and Ms. Kei's family.

 

As for your question about how Kei and I, as a former member of the Imperial Family and her husband, intend to be involved with the Imperial Family, all I can tell you is that as a single person, I would like to pray for the happiness of the members of the Imperial Family.

 

Kei: As I live with Mako from now on, I would like to cherish each and every day and create a warm family. I would also like to continue to devote myself to creating an environment where Mako feels comfortable. That's what I've been thinking since the beginning of our relationship.

 

As for your last question, I feel the same way as Mako.

 

Q3: I would like to ask you both a question. With regard to the "financial troubles" surrounding the Komuro family, His Imperial Highness Prince Akishino has so far asked Mr. Komuro to "respond appropriately" and to "respond in a visible way. How have you responded to those requests, and to what extent do you think you have been able to meet them? There are still some negative reports and Internet posts about your marriage. The Imperial Household Agency announced that Mako has been diagnosed with complex PTSD (complex post-traumatic stress disorder). How have you been dealing with your health condition and how have you discussed it together? Please tell us about your current health condition as well.

 

Answere of Mako: How we responded to my father's request is reflected in how we responded afterwards. We did our best to respond to his request, but I think it is up to the reader to judge how well we responded to his request. As for the negative news reports and internet posts, I felt a strong sense of fear when false information was somehow taken up as if it were an undeniable fact and spread as an unjustified story.

 

I decided to disclose my complex PTSD in relation to my marriage. My current health condition is not good, but with the help of the people around me, I have managed to live until today. Kei-san is also concerned about my health and has been supporting me.

 

Kei: I have done my best to support her, but I don't think it's up to me to judge how well I have responded. I am aware that there are negative thoughts about our marriage, but from now on, I want to cherish the life we are starting together.

 

I would like to do everything I can to support Mako so that her health will improve soon.

 

[JMA question]

 

Q. Since it was judged that this marriage would not reach the "situation where many people would be satisfied and happy" that Prince Akishino had hoped for, it was decided that no related ceremony would be held. "I believe that the reasons for the lack of widespread "acceptance and blessing" are (1) the fact that Mr. Komuro's mother's financial troubles have not been resolved and (2) the fact that there are things in Mr. Komuro's career that could be perceived as "using the Imperial Family.

 

With regard to (1) above, we understand that Mr. Komuro is planning to negotiate directly with his mother's former fiancé. Please explain in detail the current situation with regard to the financial trouble that started and the allegations of fraudulent receipt of the survivor's pension by Mr. Komuro's mother, for which criminal charges have already been filed. In addition, in April this year, the Grand Duke of the Imperial Household revealed that His Highness Mako had been consulted about how to deal with the situation so far. Also, with regard to "conviction and blessing," how do Her Highness Mako and Mr. Komuro themselves view the current situation and how do they feel about it?

 

On the official website of Fordham University in the U.S., where Mr. Komuro studied, he was introduced as "Princess Mako's fiancé. In relation to this, the fact that Mr. Komuro, who did not graduate from law school, was admitted to the "LLM course," which originally qualified those who possessed a law degree, and that he received a scholarship that exempted him from all tuition fees, has raised suspicions that he received special treatment as a "fiancée. What do you think about this point, Mr. Komuro? Also, did Princess Mako approve of Mr. Komuro enrolling at Fordham University as her "fiancé"?

 

Answer of Mako: I think this question could give the impression that false information is true. When I imagined answering such a question orally in the hall, I felt that it would be impossible to answer the question orally, as it would rekindle my fears and cause further damage to my heart. I sincerely regret that you have asked questions that may give the impression that false information is fact.

 

I will answer the questions related to (1). As I have already told you, I have asked you to proceed in the direction I requested in dealing with Kei's mother's former fiancé. There were many specific suggestions, but I cannot list them here, so I will refrain from answering them. "I'm sure each of you has your own feelings about "conviction and blessing. However, we are grateful to those who continue to support us and bless us today, even in the midst of difficult circumstances. I am also grateful to Kei for his continued willingness to marry me, despite the many unfounded and harsh criticisms he has faced. If she had given up on marrying me, she would not have been subjected to so much unfounded criticism for several years.

 

I will answer the questions related to (2). There is no evidence that Ms. Kei attempted to enroll at Fordham University as a "fiancée".

 

Kei: As for the questions related to (1), some of my answers overlap with what I told you in "Thoughts on Previous Events.

 

Regarding the alleged financial troubles between my mother and my ex-fiancé, the detailed background is as I announced in April of this year. As I wrote in the document I published, my mother and I have thanked my ex-fiancee from time to time, and I am still grateful to her.

 

The discussions between my mother and her ex-fiancee have been held with a reporter from a weekly magazine who was assigned by her ex-fiancee. The person who dealt with this reporter was my mother's attorney.

 

In April of this year, I proposed that we settle the case by giving her a settlement payment, and she replied that it was important for her to meet with my mother. However, my mother is suffering from a mental disorder and has been put on doctor's orders to meet with her ex-fiancee. Therefore, I wanted to handle the situation on her behalf, and I informed her of this through her attorney. I have received a positive response from my ex-fiancee through a reporter from a weekly magazine who is her contact person. I would like to respond as best I can to help resolve the issue. My desire to receive the resolution money has not changed.

 

As for the fraudulent receipt of the survivor's pension, there is no such fact.

 

I will answer the questions related to (2). There is no evidence that I have used the Imperial Family. There is no "special treatment as a fiancée" either. Fordham University's admission policy stipulates that the qualifications for admission are not only law graduates but also those who have received equivalent legal education. In my case, my application was accepted because Fordham University School of Law accepted law studies that I had completed before entering law school. The full-tuition scholarship was based on a comprehensive evaluation, including the grades I submitted. I was never informed that I was "Princess Mako's fiancé" during the admissions process. I did explain to them after I was admitted that there was a possibility that the university might receive inquiries from the Japanese media and that this might cause some inconvenience. The decision to post the information on the university website was made by the university based on the overall situation.

 

[Questions from the Foreign Press Association in Japan]

 

I would like to ask a question to Ms. Mako Komuro. How do you feel about the fact that your engagement has been the subject of much controversy in the media, with comparisons to Princess Meghan?

 

Now that you are about to get married, do you have any plans for New York?

 

Would you be willing to do a TV interview with someone like Oprah Winfrey?

 

Answer of Mako: I received this question in both English and Japanese versions. The word "scandal" used in the English question can also mean "scandal," but in our answer we will assume that scandal means "controversy.

 

We believe that the reason why this event became controversial is because false information was somehow taken up as if it were an undeniable fact and spread as an unjustified story. I was horrified, pained, and saddened by this.

 

I don't have any particular thoughts about the comparison.

 

As with my response to your earlier question, I would like to refrain from answering any questions about my personal life in the future, but I am not planning to give an interview at this time. I would like to lead a peaceful life in my new environment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kei Komuro Listed at Major U.S. Law Firm :There are Also Allegations of Career Fraud

Kei Komuro Receives "JFK Award": a New Allegation of Career Fraud?

Kei Komuro's Mother Criminally Charged with Fraud

What is Kei Komuro's Debt Problem

Classmate Bullying by Komuro

US to Pay for Mako and Kei's Security in the US, Japan Reports

Reported Scandals: The Japanese Will Never Accept Komuro

Mako Komuro and Kei Attend Funeral of Mako's grandfather with Akishino Family

Kei Komuro Fails NY State Bar Exam?

Former fiancée of Kei Komuro's mother releases comments: "I've asked Kei to convey her own wishes..."