Full Text of Komuro's 28-page document #1

 Note: In the original text, footnotes are grouped together at the end of the text, but here, for the convenience of the reader, the footnotes for the relevant sections are placed at the end of the divided text.

 

                                    read more

Document Summary

This document is written by me, Kei Komuro, regarding the alleged financial troubles between my mother and my mother's former fiancé (hereinafter referred to as "the former fiancé"). The content of the document is divided into the main text and footnotes. The main text is divided into items from "1" to "8," followed by a collection of footnotes to supplement the contents of the main text, etc. ([Note 1] to [Note 36]). When a specific part of a document is cited or referred to in another part of the document, an "item number" is given for the main text, and an endnote number is given for the footnotes.

 Although we have tried to limit the content to what we think is necessary and possible, the overall volume and amount of information is still not small. Therefore, we thought it would be better to have an outline of the document to make it easier to read. The following is a rough outline of the contents of each item, but it is not enough to fully understand the contents of this document, so please read the entire document, including the text and footnotes, considering the outline as only an introduction to this document.

 

1.              Introduction

 My marriage to Her Imperial Highness Princess Mako has been postponed since the announcement of the postponement of marriage ceremonies and other events on February 7, 2018, but as stated in the document written by Her Imperial Highness Princess Mako and released on November 13, 2020, my feelings and thoughts about our marriage remain unchanged. There is no change. However, we have not touched on any specific matters related to our marriage in this document. I would like to inform you of this in advance.

 For a long time after January 22, 2019, I have done very little in the way of publicly announcing anything. Partly because of this, I have been unable to see how the matter of the alleged financial troubles between my mother and her former fiancé is going.

 The purpose of this document is to correct, to the extent possible, the erroneous information that has been circulating in the world about the alleged financial troubles by clarifying to some extent the actual history of the exchanges that have taken place between me, my mother and my ex-fiancee [Note 1]. Corrections to the erroneous information that has been circulated are made throughout the document, sometimes in the text, sometimes in footnotes.

 I know that my silence has made some people distrustful of me and my mother, but I hope that by reading this document, even one person will be able to understand what has been going on.


 2. The reason why we decided to create and publish this document

 First of all, I would like to explain the reason why we decided to create and publish this document. As I will explain in detail in "6" below, my mother has been in discussions with her former fiancé from May of 2019 to November of 2020, through her attorney, Mr. Kamishiba.

Up until now, I have neither actively denied nor actively refuted the false information that has been circulating in the world. With a few exceptions, [Note 2] the reason why my mother and I have avoided disclosing our perceptions of the alleged financial troubles to the public is because we thought that it might expose the privacy of my ex-fiancee more than necessary. In addition, I wanted to have a proper discussion with my ex-fiancee about our perceptions and gain her understanding before resolving the issue. I thought that if I were to actively communicate my and my mother's perceptions, it would defeat the original purpose of having a discussion between the parties involved. I was also concerned about the possibility that my mother and her ex-fiancee might be misunderstood as if they were at odds with each other without any discussion. For these reasons, I decided that it was better to keep silent as much as possible in order to facilitate the discussion.

 There were two main reasons that led to our decision to correct the false information about the alleged financial troubles. The first was what His Imperial Highness Prince Akishino said at the press conference on the occasion of his birthday on November 30, 2020 [Note 3]. Second, on November 30 of the same year, an article was published in the Shukan Gendai (hereafter referred to as the "Shukan Gendai article") in which the former fiancée is said to have given an exclusive interview. As mentioned above, my mother has been continuing discussions with her ex-fiancee since May of 2019, but since the article was based on the ex-fiancee's one-sided story even though the discussions were not yet finished, and since many of the contents were unfortunately not true, she decided to continue the discussions peacefully without any denial or refutation. In addition, many of the contents of the article were unfortunately untrue. Therefore, we have decided that it is difficult to continue the discussion peacefully without any denial or refutation.

 For the above reasons, we have decided to publish this document.


 3. Basic Policy

 Before explaining the past interactions between my mother and I and my ex-fiancee, I would like to explain how my mother and I have basically dealt with what is known as financial problems. Since a certain point in time, we have consistently prioritized the issue of how to properly discuss with my ex-fiancee and resolve the issue with his understanding.

On December 12, 2017, the first news report about the alleged financial trouble came out, and as the news reports continued to heat up, my mother and I decided that we should consult with various people before deciding how to handle the situation, rather than acting on our own. We decided to consult with various people before making a decision. As part of this process, we consulted with several lawyers. The common advice I received from all the lawyers was that I should not react and should do nothing, and that it would be difficult to solve the problem through discussion anyway [Note 4]. Some of the reasons for such advice were that the ex-fiancee might not be in a position to have a calm discussion with her, judging from what was being reported and how heated the reports were, and that the ex-fiancee's goal might not be money.

 These pieces of advice overlapped with what my mother and I felt when we watched the news reports. The first thing that my mother and I felt when we saw the news reports was that we did not understand the true intentions of the ex-fiancee. It is true that we have seen reports that the ex-fiancee only wanted to get her money back, or that she only wanted to thank us because she didn't like the fact that we didn't say thank you. I couldn't take what was being reported at face value. Furthermore, my mother and I were horrified to see the untrue and insulting content of the episode, which was not necessary if we only wanted to mention the support. The fact that you attacked us so much made us think that you had more in mind than what you really meant (of course, this is just how my mother and I felt). However, if I did nothing and did not discuss the matter, there was a risk that my relationship with my ex-fiancee would worsen and the press would become more heated. So, in order to solve the problem as soon as possible, I thought I would have to accept the reported intentions of the ex-fiancee as they were and think about how to respond. My ex-fiancee is a person with whom I have a good relationship and who provided support to my mother and me for a while (I will explain in detail in "5" (1) and (2)), and at the time I was grateful for the support, but looking back now, I think that I relied too much on the good intentions of my ex-fiancee. But now, looking back, I think I relied too much on the good intentions of my ex-fiancee. Considering this, I had some thoughts about the fact that the news reports were not true, but I thought that it would be better if we could settle the case by giving her the settlement money.

I asked several lawyers again for their opinions on this idea, and they advised me that even if I gave the money as a settlement, it would be misunderstood as a repayment of the debt, and the public would still see it as a debt, but would I be okay with that? I don't mind. Looking at the way it was reported in the media, it seemed that there was a high possibility that if we gave the money, it would be seen as a debt. Some people may say that it is too much to think that if I handed over the money, it would be misunderstood as a repayment of a debt, or that the public would see it as a debt. But looking at the news reports at the time, I didn't think so at all. Thus, we decided not to give the money to them without any discussion.

 I understand that there have been some people who have asked why we didn't just give them the money in a lump sum, whether it was borrowed or not. Even if what the ex-fiancee says is not true, if he is grateful for the support, he should give the money. Still, I did not do so because I thought that no matter what the reason, I could not accept a situation in which what was not a debt was made to be a debt in exchange for early resolution. If it was made out to be a debt, it would mean that my ex-fiancee was right and that my mother and I were the ones who were trying to get out of debt. This means that in the future, my family will continue to be seen as the family of the person who tried to get out of debt. I didn't think that it was inevitable. It is commonly called financial trouble, but it was also a matter of sincere honor, and even now, I take it the same way.

 Having said that, looking at the situation in the press that has continued to the present, many people may think that it would have been better to give money and pretend that it was a debt. However, if you are suspected of being dishonorable and you want to get out of a painful situation as soon as possible, even though the suspicion is not true, it is no different from admitting something that is not true as a fact. I did a lot of worrying, but I couldn't make a choice that I might regret for the rest of my life. Some people may not understand this way of thinking, but it was a decision I made after considering all possibilities.

 Through this process, we decided that it was the best option [Note 5] to try this even if it was difficult to resolve the issue through discussion, and we decided to properly discuss with the ex-fiancee about our mutual understanding, and to think about how to resolve the issue with his understanding.

 We have not proposed a settlement fee to the ex-fiancee so far. It is not a real solution to end the discussion using the settlement money as a material without having a proper discussion, and if it is not a real solution, even if we give the settlement money, we cannot deny the possibility that it was a debt. We have discussed this issue with my mother and her representative from time to time, considering the possibility of proposing it as one of the solutions if we could both agree on the differences in our perceptions of the past, but in the end we have not been able to reach such a proposal due to the lack of progress in the discussion with my ex-fiancee (see "6" below for details). However, we have not been able to come up with such a proposal because of the lack of progress in discussions with my ex-fiancee (explained in detail in "6" below).

The following are annotations

 Note 1.
 Of course, it is impossible to cover all of the false information, given the number of cases. In addition, even though it is unavoidable under the circumstances, it cannot be denied that there is a legal problem in revealing the past communication between my mother and me and my ex-fiancee without her permission. It is necessary to give as much consideration as possible to the privacy of the ex-fiancee. For this reason, we have to limit what we can reveal to what we think is possible and necessary. In this document, we have tried to select some of the most important issues, and at the same time, we have mentioned some of the things that we think are necessary for a more accurate understanding of the issues.

 In this document, we also refer to the reported statements of the ex-fiancee, and as mentioned in "6" (3) below, the ex-fiancee made a statement to the effect that it seems that things that she never said are being written about her in the press. I would like to point out in advance that my mother and I do not know whether the contents of the news reports are really the statements of my ex-fiancee or not. In addition, there are some things in this document that I have not seen or heard firsthand, such as reports from my mother's attorney, Ueshiba, but I have basically avoided hearsay expressions for the sake of readability.

 Note 2.
 The first exception is a document that I published on January 22, 2019. The second is a document that was released on or after November 26, 2020, by my attorney, Mr. Kamishiba (who has been in charge of discussions with my ex-fiancee as my mother's attorney, and at the same time, has been responding to inquiries from the press as my attorney since January 22, 2019). This is the first time that I have been able to provide accurate information through a lawyer. When I was asked if I borrowed money from my ex-fiancee to pay for my college tuition, I replied that there was no such fact and that I paid for it with money I saved from my part-time job and a scholarship. By the time I answered that question, I had already talked with my ex-fiancee about the entrance fee and tuition, and she had replied that it was a mistake on her part (more details will be explained in "6" and "7" below). (For details, please refer to "6" (7) below.

 Note 3.
 According to the website of the Imperial Household Agency, at a press conference held on November 30, His Imperial Highness Prince Akishino said, "You mentioned earlier that you don't think this is a situation where many people will be satisfied and happy, and for that reason, it is necessary to clear up and resolve the issue that Your Imperial Highness pointed out before. In response to the question, "What do you think now about the idea that it is necessary to clear up and solve the problem that His Highness pointed out before?", he replied, "As a precondition for a situation where many people are satisfied and happy, I said that it is necessary to take appropriate measures to clear up (solve) the problem that has existed up to now. I myself don't know the details of this, since it's about someone's house, but I don't think it's true to say that we haven't taken any action at all. Yes, I do. The only thing I can say is that even if we are taking various measures, I think it is necessary to make them visible.

 Therefore, even if there is a concern as mentioned in Note 1 of 1, I decided that I should make it "visible" to a certain extent how my mother and I have dealt with the alleged financial troubles. Because of this, I have tried to limit my explanation in this document to the matters that are said to be financial troubles, and to correct any erroneous information to the extent possible. In addition to the alleged financial troubles, all sorts of false information has been circulating (not only about the alleged financial troubles, but also about the contents of news reports and commentaries), and I believe that many illegal acts have been repeated, such as defamation, insult, and invasion of privacy against me and my mother. I believe that many illegal acts have been repeated. If I start to correct all of them, there is a risk that those that I fail to correct will be assumed to be true, which is not realistic.

 Note 4.
 There is audio data of the former fiancé's statement that he did not intend to ask for the money back (for details, see "5" Note 14 below). (For details, see Note 14 in "5" below.) This advice was given after having several lawyers listen to it.

 Note 5.
 I wanted to avoid confrontation with my ex-fiancee as much as possible, so I did not choose to confront her. I did not choose to confront my ex-fiancé because I wanted to avoid confrontation with him. Another major reason was that my ex-fiancé is a person with whom I have a good relationship and who provided support to my mother and me for a while (I will explain in detail in "5" (1) and (2) below).

 

                                   read more

Full Text of Komuro's 28-page Document #1

Full Text of Komuro's 28-page Document #2

Full Text of Komuro's 28-page Document #3

Full Text of Komuro's 28-page Document #4

Summary of Mako&Komuro Problem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kei Komuro Listed at Major U.S. Law Firm :There are Also Allegations of Career Fraud

Kei Komuro Receives "JFK Award": a New Allegation of Career Fraud?

Kei Komuro's Mother Criminally Charged with Fraud

What is Kei Komuro's Debt Problem

Classmate Bullying by Komuro

US to Pay for Mako and Kei's Security in the US, Japan Reports

Reported Scandals: The Japanese Will Never Accept Komuro

Mako Komuro and Kei Attend Funeral of Mako's grandfather with Akishino Family

Kei Komuro Fails NY State Bar Exam?

Former fiancée of Kei Komuro's mother releases comments: "I've asked Kei to convey her own wishes..."