Full Text of Komuro's 28-page Document #2

Note: In the original text, footnotes are grouped together at the end of the text, but here, for the convenience of the reader, the footnotes for the relevant sections are placed at the end of the divided text.

 

Read Previous                                                                                  Read More

4. Reasons for publishing the document on January 22, 2019 (2019) and misunderstood aspects of the document

 The document that I published on January 22, 2019 [Note 6] (hereinafter referred to as the "2019 Document") is a statement of what I thought I had to make public, at least this much, when I started discussions with my ex-fiancee. As I wrote in "2," my mother and I thought that in order to facilitate the discussion between the parties, we should try to refrain from making our perceptions public. On the other hand, in a situation where a matter between two ordinary people, my mother and her former fiancé, had evolved into the larger topic of my marriage to His Highness Mako, we couldn't just start discussions without sending out any messages and remain silent. Therefore, we published a document for the year 2019, but in the document, we did not explain in detail the history of the alleged financial troubles, and kept the content to a minimum. The reason for this was that the specific circumstances involved the privacy of the ex-fiancee, and it was judged that the privacy of the ex-fiancee should not be exposed unnecessarily by revealing too much of the circumstances [Note 7].

 In the 2019 document, I explained the past relationship between my mother and her ex-fiancee, and also explained that my mother and I had different perceptions from those of her ex-fiancee as reported in the media, and the core of the difference. I wrote that my mother and I would like to have a discussion with my ex-fiancé about the difference in our perceptions, and to have him understand and solve the problem.

 Some people have misunderstood that I am claiming in the 2019 document that money matters are "settled matters," but this is incorrect [Note 8]. There are still many people who mistakenly believe that I am claiming that I do not have to return the gift because I received it, or that I do not have to repay the gift because it was given to me, but my mother and I have never made such claims publicly, in the 2019 document or otherwise [Note 9].

 After the release of the 2019 document, discussions with my former fiancé would begin in May of 2019, the details of which will be explained in "6.


 5. My mother's and I's perceptions of the alleged financial troubles

 As I explained in "4," I did not explain in detail the circumstances of the alleged financial trouble between my mother and her ex-fiancee in the 2019 document. Here, in order for you to understand what my mother has been discussing with her former fiancé since May 2019, I will again explain my mother and I's perceptions of the matters that are said to be financial troubles to the extent possible and necessary.

 

(1)    My mother and her former fiancé got engaged in early September 2010. The following is a description of the communication between the two of them when they got engaged.

 At the time, my ex-fiancee lived in the same apartment complex as my mother and I. He was also a member of the board of directors of the complex at one time, along with my late father. My mother and I had known my ex-fiancee for a long time because of the circumstances described above, and also because I had the impression that he was a kind and gentlemanly person. However, the restaurants that the ex-fiancé took her to were often expensive for my mother, who was required to pay her fair share, and at some point she began to feel difficult and worried that if this continued in the future, it would interfere with the family budget. On the other hand, my mother had a good feeling about her ex-fiancee's personality and wanted to continue the relationship with him if he was serious about it. When I asked my ex-fiancee if this relationship was serious, he told me that he would marry my mother if she was willing. My mother thought that if we were going to get married, we should be honest about the fact that we were not in a situation where we could afford it.

 As we discussed the marriage, my ex-fiancee told me that since we were going to be a family, he would fully support me, including financially, and that he had insurance, so even if something happened to him, he would not be stranded for the time being. My mother felt compassion for her ex-fiancé's words, trusted him, and accepted his proposal of marriage. My ex-fiancee also told me that he would pay for my school fees. I am not sure if it was before or after our engagement, but my ex-fiancé once told me that he thought of me as a family member and that he would pay Kei's tuition as well. My mother told my ex-fiancé that she would try to pay for my tuition as much as possible with the scholarship because I was planning to use the scholarship and my mother knew that (please refer to "5" Note 11 [1]). I was grateful for that.

 At the time of our engagement, my ex-fiancé suggested to my mother that we have a cruising engagement party with our friends and that he would like to give her an engagement ring. While my mother was grateful, she gradually came to think that since she and her ex-fiancee were not young and this was not their first marriage, it would be better to think of other ways to spend the money rather than throwing a lavish party or receiving an expensive ring, so she suggested that to her ex-fiancee. My ex-fiancee gladly accepted my mother's suggestion, and we settled on a better use for the three of us who would become a family. At this time, the ex-fiancé told my mother that if she ever had any financial problems, she should not hesitate to tell him at any time.

(2)    The following year, in March 2011, the Great East Japan Earthquake struck, and my mother, who was working as a part-time hourly employee at the time, had to work fewer days and her income was drastically reduced. When my ex-fiancé learned about this, he said that he could not pretend to be ignorant of the fact that we were in trouble, that it was only natural since we were to become a family, that we should cooperate with each other in times like these, that he was glad that he was my fiancé, and that he was happy that I could rely on him, etc. He actually started to provide financial support [Note 10]. Note 10].

 Although my mother said that her ex-fiancé would fully support her financially when they got engaged, she was hesitant to ask him for help, so she asked him if she could borrow some money. Also, when my ex-fiancee offered to help me, I asked her if she was sure she wanted to help me. When my ex-fiancé gave me support, I would ask him, "Are you sure you want to do this? Are you sure you can do it? I would often ask them, "Are you sure? Each time, my ex-fiancé said that it was natural for us to become a family, that it was nice to be relied on, that there was nothing to worry about, and that a man never says two words.
 My mother, who already felt like a family of three, believed the words of her ex-fiancé and began to receive support from him. From that time on, my mother and I received support from my ex-fiancee until he broke off the engagement at his request in September 2012 [Note 11]. At the time, I respected my ex-fiancé for the way he always made sure that my mother was not bothered, and my mother and I often talked about how nice he was and how grateful we were for his help. I repeatedly expressed my gratitude to my ex-fiancee for his support during the period before he broke off his engagement to my mother, and I am still very grateful to him.

 (3) At 11:15 p.m. on September 13, 2012, my mother suddenly received a unilateral request from her ex-fiancé to terminate the engagement [Note 12]. When she asked about the reason, the ex-fiancé did not give any explanation, and without clarifying the reason [Note 13], my mother had no choice but to accept the termination of the engagement.

 At that time, when my mother told the ex-fiancé that she would like to settle the support she had received during the engagement period, the ex-fiancé replied, "I had no intention of asking you to return it" [Note 14]. For these reasons, my mother understood that there was no longer any need to exchange money between the two of them upon the dissolution of the engagement (see "4" Note 9).

 

My mother and I both thought that the discussion about breaking off the engagement ended amicably without any stinginess, as my ex-fiancee even offered to support me in my trip to study abroad.

 (4) In August 2013, eleven months after the engagement was broken off, my mother suddenly received a letter from her ex-fiancee. The contents of the letter reversed the words, "I never intended to ask you to return the money," and demanded repayment of the expenses incurred during the period of our relationship.

 My mother was too surprised to know what to do, so she consulted a lawyer and on the 6th of the same month [Note 15], she told him that she could not comply with his request and the reason for it (including the fact that she trusted the words of her ex-fiancee that she "did not intend to ask for the money back") [Note 16]. 16], my ex-fiancee said that she would consult with a lawyer and contact me if anything happened [Note 17]. At this time, my ex-fiancee never said that she did not intend to ask me to return the money, nor did she say anything about the reason why she broke off the engagement or about the compensation for my mother.

 (5) Although the ex-fiancé said, "I will contact you if I need anything," he never contacted me again, and even when we met by chance, the topic of money never came up [Note 18]. Since there was no further discussion even after several years had passed, my mother and I understood that my ex-fiancee was satisfied with the situation. Because of this history, my mother and I thought that the support we received from my ex-fiancee during our engagement period was a matter that had already been resolved.

 (6) However, after the unofficial announcement of my engagement to Her Highness Princess Mako in September 2017, a comment purportedly made by a friend of my ex-fiancee was published in Shukan Josei on December 12, 2017. At that point, I was surprised that the content was so far from the truth, but it didn't seem to be the story of the ex-fiancee herself, and I didn't think the news would heat up. However, on February 16, 2018, in the Shukan Gendai (Weekly Gendai), a comment allegedly made by the ex-fiancée herself was published, and the one-sided story was picked up and reported every day as if it were fact. At the time of the first report, four years and four months had passed since the exchange in August 2013. We had many questions, such as why didn't they file a direct claim if they wanted a refund, why did they need to use a weekly magazine, and why did they continue to report untrue information as if it were true? Nevertheless, as I mentioned in "3," I decided to have a proper discussion with my ex-fiancee about our mutual understanding and to think about how to solve the problem with his understanding.

 

(7) Many people who have been exposed to the news reports so far may think that my mother regarded her ex-fiancee as a person who was just there for money. In reality, she did not, but it may seem that way to those who did not know my mother directly or who did not know the situation. As I look back on those days and try to sort out the actual circumstances, I realized once again that my mother may have taken her ex-fiancé's words too much at face value.

 This may be difficult for many people to understand, but my mother and I thought that my ex-fiancee was supporting us with good intentions based on the premise of marriage, and we had no idea that the reason for breaking off the engagement was that the support had become too much of a burden for her. The reason why my mother told her ex-fiancee that she wanted to liquidate the support (please refer to "5" (3)) was because she was aware that the support was based on the premise of marriage, and she thought that she should make sure what should be done if the marriage was to cease. In response, my ex-fiancé said, "I had no intention of asking for it back" (see "5" (3) and "5" Note 14), and my mother and I took him at his word. That is why, when I read the letter from my ex-fiancee in 2013, I was still in shock that he had suddenly broken off our engagement without telling us the reason. I also had a strong feeling that he should have replied, "I had no intention of asking you to return the money. The exchange ended with the ex-fiancee saying that she would consult with a lawyer and contact us if anything happened (see "5" (4)), and my mother and I took her word for it. That is why we were surprised when the news came out. Looking back on the whole story, I think my mother and I always felt that what happened between her and her ex-fiancee was something that her ex-fiancee would have said at that time. So, was it okay to just accept what my ex-fiancee said because she said it, or was it okay to accept what she said because she said it? The many words of support that she offered me, "I wasn't planning to ask you to return the money," and "I will consult with a lawyer and contact you if anything happens," may have been said out of the atmosphere of the moment rather than her true intentions. However, neither my mother nor I imagined such a thing at all. This may have been because we subconsciously wanted to accept what my ex-fiancee said as it was.

 While I look back on those days in this way, I also find it difficult to accept the fact that much of what has been reported up to now is not true.

 

The following is a note

 The reason why it took so long to release the 2019 document was because we had to consult with several lawyers and consider all possibilities before deciding on a policy, and also because it took a reasonable amount of time to select a lawyer to represent my mother and take charge of the discussions with my ex-fiancee. In addition, it took some time to select a lawyer who would represent my mother and take charge of the discussion with my ex-fiancee.

 7] Even if it is not specific, it is still a matter of privacy, but I judged that I was in a situation where I had no choice but to explain my mother and I's perceptions to a certain extent, and I felt compelled to publish the contents of the document in 2019. And since the situation has changed further since that time, the current document was released after reviewing the line of demarcation as to what constitutes "more than necessary. Please refer to Note 1 in Section 1 for consideration of the privacy of the ex-fiancee and restrictions on the scope of what can be disclosed.

 Note 8] The 2019 document says, "Because of this, my mother and I have understood that the support from my ex-fiancee is a matter that has been resolved. For this reason, my mother and I were very confused by the daily reports of what we believed to be comments made by the ex-fiancé since December 2017. When I wrote, "We were unable to gauge the intentions of the ex-fiancee," I think it was misunderstood as if my mother and I were claiming that the matter had already been resolved. However, my mother and I understood that it was a matter that had already been settled until December 2017, when we came to believe that there might be a difference in perception between my ex-fiancee and me due to the fact that many of the alleged financial problems were covered in weekly magazines. The phrase "I have understood that it is a matter that has been settled" was written as an expression in the past perfect tense, not the present perfect tense. Furthermore, as you can see if you continue to read the paragraphs that follow, in the document for the year 2019, you wrote, "Both my mother and I are still grateful for the support we received from my ex-fiancé, and we would like to make every effort to gain her understanding in the future. I am still grateful to you for your kindness and support. If you insist that this is a matter that has already been resolved, then there is no need to discuss it. As I will mention in "7" below, the article in the Weekly Gendai also misunderstood that my mother and I were claiming that the issue had been resolved.

 There was one time in the past when my mother and I claimed that we had no intention of repaying the money because it was a gift, although not publicly. In August 2013, about a year after my mother's engagement was terminated, my former fiancé wrote to me with a demand that was the exact opposite of what he had said at the time of the termination of our engagement, saying that he had no intention of asking me to return the money. On the 6th of the same month, following the advice of the lawyer we consulted, my mother and I verbally told him that we could not respond to his request because we were aware that we had received a gift from him, and we also handed him a letter with the same content (this letter is also mentioned in "5" (4) below). In the letter, the former fiancé stated that he had not intended to ask for the money back when the marriage was dissolved (the letter stated, "It was given to you. I did not intend to ask for repayment from the beginning," which will be explained in Note 15 of "5" below), the letter stated, "Therefore, the 4,093,000 yen that you are requesting repayment of was given to you by Kayo Komuro and was not loaned to you. Therefore, I have no intention of repaying the money." "On September 14, 2012, you unilaterally broke off your engagement to Kayo Komuro, and you have not given any specific reason for this. Kayo Komuro has been psychologically injured by your unilateral annulment for which no reason was given. We are not satisfied with the fact that she is receiving such a claim without any apology or compensation for it. The fact that this letter was circulated, and that my mother and I did not deny it, led to the misunderstanding that my mother and I were still arguing and claiming that we did not have to return the gift because we received it, or that we did not have to repay the gift because we received it. However, since August 2013 (2013), my mother and I have never claimed that we do not have to repay the gift because it was given to us.

 After the news report came out, my mother and I consulted with a lawyer again about the actual circumstances, and rearranged the situation as follows [1] and [2]. As a result, we came to the conclusion that although there was no need to revise the reason we gave when claiming that we had no intention of repaying the money (based on the statement of the former fiancé and based on the liquidation with the claim for damages), the use of the word "gift" in explaining this reason was not necessarily sufficient. I have come to the conclusion that the expression "gift" was not necessarily sufficient in explaining this reason. This expression was used in line with the fact that my ex-fiancee said that she did not intend to ask me to return the money, and my mother and I thought we emphasized this fact, but my mother and I did not say enough at the time, and I think there was a more meaningful way to explain the situation.

 1] Regarding the money exchanged between my mother and her ex-fiancee from April 2011 until her ex-fiancee broke off the engagement with my mother, it is not necessarily clear whether the money was lent (loan) or given (gift). It seems that my mother expressed both "Can I borrow it?" and "Help", so this could have been a case of both. My mother talked with her ex-fiancee about how the money would be used when they got engaged (details will be explained in "5" (1) below), so she basically did not think of the money as a debt, as it was given to her on the assumption that they would become a family after marriage. On the other hand, there were times when I asked for support with the intention of borrowing and paying back. At the same time, there were times when I asked for support with the intention of borrowing the money and paying it back. When I asked for support, my mother thought it was a loan, but later she told me verbally that it was given to her by her ex-fiancee. The fact is that even the two of them at the time didn't always confirm clearly, and even if they did, there were no deeds, and the main exchange was done orally (and apparently some by e-mail). It is difficult to clarify after the fact whether it was a loan or a gift. Furthermore, considering the fact that there are some discrepancies between the perceptions of the two parties (to be explained in detail in Note 11 of "5" below), I think it is reasonable to conclude that there is a possibility that both the money that should have been a loan and the money that should have been a gift existed until the time the engagement was broken. However, by the words of the ex-fiancée on September 13, 2012, "I had no intention of having you return the money," the obligation of my mother to repay the money that was a loan (rather than turning it into a gift) would be exempted, and the money that was a gift would be exempted. As for the money that was a gift, it will be reconfirmed between the two of you that it was a gift from the beginning. After consulting with a lawyer again and sorting out the above, I think it would have been more accurate to explain that the money from the ex-fiancee was not uniformly described as a "gift," but rather to explain that she told me she had no intention of having it returned.

 2] In accordance with the unilateral annulment of the engagement by the ex-fiancee and my mother's response to it, it can be summarized as follows. In response to the ex-fiancee's statement that she did not intend to have the money returned to her, my mother waived her right to claim compensation for damages related to the broken engagement. As a result of the ex-fiancee's words and my mother's response, even if the ex-fiancee had the right to claim the money back, it was settled along with my mother's right (right to claim damages), and my mother is no longer obligated to repay the money to the ex-fiancee. In this regard as well, after consulting with the lawyer again and sorting out the above, it is not sufficient to uniformly describe the money from the ex-fiancee as a "gift" because the money, which may have been a loan up to the point of breaking the engagement, does not turn into a gift, and "I did not intend to have it returned. I think it would have been more accurate to just explain what you were told.

 After the matter of the so-called financial trouble was taken up, my mother and I rearranged the above again. For this reason, we do not use the word "gift" in the 2019 document either. In the same document, based on the words of the former fiancé at the time of the dissolution of the engagement, "I had no intention of having you return the money," I explained that I recognized that I had already confirmed that I had no obligation to repay the money based on the arrangement of [1] and [2], regardless of the purpose of the original exchange of money. The arrangement in [1] is based on the statements made by the ex-fiancee, and the arrangement in [2] is based on the liquidation with the claim for damages. As I mentioned above, the underlying reason for the arrangement of [1] and [2] itself is the same as the reason I gave in the letter I gave to my ex-fiancee in August 2013, when I claimed that I had no intention of repaying her (based on the statement of my ex-fiancee and based on the liquidation with the claim for damages). This is the same reason I gave when I claimed that I had no intention of repaying the money. What I am explaining here is that my mother and I believe that using the word "gift" as an expression of the reason was not sufficient, and that it would have been more accurate to explain that we were told that we were not going to get the money back.

 Although there is legally room to claim damages for a unilateral annulment without giving a reason, some people may find it difficult to understand why you would consider compensation for damages if you had received support. This idea is just a legal evaluation based on a review of past events.

 Because of this, it was not until April 2011, when the Great East Japan Earthquake struck, that my mother began to receive regular support from her ex-fiancee, including living expenses. Before the Great East Japan Earthquake, there were events as explained in [1] of Note 11 in Section 5.

 Note 11] The following is a list of "things that they have different perceptions of" (see also [1] in Note 9 of "5") regarding the support from their ex-fiancees. From the information reported as the story of my ex-fiancee, I have selected those that are significantly different from my mother and I's perceptions and those that have been reported repeatedly and prominently (please refer to Note 1 in "1" for the fact that this is not all of them).

 1] There are reports that my ex-fiancee loaned money to my mother to pay for my college entrance and tuition fees, but all of the entrance and tuition fees are covered by my savings and scholarships. The article in the Shukan Gendai says that my ex-fiancee loaned me the entrance fee on November 1, 2010, and the tuition in the spring of the year after I enrolled, but that is not accurate information. First of all, I enrolled in the school on September 2, 2010, and my ex-fiancee knows this, so it doesn't add up that they loaned me the entrance fee in November when I had already enrolled. In fact, the following is what happened.

 First of all, I paid the entrance fee from my own savings (part-time job), so there is no evidence that I received a loan from my ex-fiancee for the entrance fee. I also paid the tuition for the first semester (fall semester) out of my savings as well. I wanted to use the scholarship to pay for the tuition from the second semester (winter semester) onward, so I applied to the university for the scholarship loan system on September 21 after I entered the university. Since it was decided that I could use this system, I signed a contract with a financial institution on October 12 of the same year, and on November 24, 453,000 yen in scholarship money was transferred to me, which I paid as tuition for the second semester on November 26. After that (from the third semester of the first year to graduation), I paid all the tuition fees using both the loan-type scholarship and the benefit-type scholarship. Therefore, there is no fact that I received a loan from my ex-fiancee for tuition fees in the spring of the year after I entered the university.

 As I wrote in "5" (1), in the discussion between my mother and my ex-fiancee about our engagement, she said that she would pay my tuition. I'm not sure if it was before or after the engagement, but he also said that he would pay for Kei's tuition since we are a family. Although my mother had told my ex-fiancé that she would try to pay for my tuition with a scholarship, we had been communicating about tuition before we got engaged, so I was grateful to have the peace of mind that my ex-fiancé would pay for my tuition if the scholarship was not available. I was especially eager to rely on the words of my ex-fiancé regarding the tuition for the first semester I would apply for the scholarship (winter semester) after I entered the school. This was because my mother had assumed that even if I received the scholarship, it would not be awarded by the end of the year (I think this was due to the fact that I had not properly explained the details of the scholarship program and I was not aware of her misunderstanding). On another occasion (the time is not clear, but it was when we were talking in my ex-fiancee's car, later than when she made the above comment), my mother and my ex-fiancee talked about my college. During the conversation, my mother told my ex-fiancé that I had paid for the entrance fee with my part-time job and that I would apply for a scholarship for the second semester (winter term). He said he would like to give it to me as a gift from his father. My mother felt that my ex-fiancé was supporting my college life, so she decided to accept the gift. Because of the circumstances described above, my mother felt relieved when she heard about the gift. She felt relieved to receive the gift, because she thought that she would be able to pay the tuition even if something happened to her.

 However, she did not receive any gift from her ex-fiancé soon after, and as the time for tuition payment approached, my mother became increasingly worried about the tuition. She began to think that her ex-fiancé might have forgotten about the gift, and she wondered what she should say to her ex-fiancé in case she couldn't pay the tuition on time. I asked her to send the money for the second semester (winter term). My ex-fiancee sent 453,000 yen to my mother's account on November 1st. When I look back now and think about my mother's behavior, it is obvious that she was not calm.
 As I mentioned above, my scholarship was approved on October 12, was awarded on November 24, and I used the money to pay my tuition for the second semester (winter term) on November 26 (my mother didn't realize her mistake until the scholarship was actually awarded). I thanked my ex-fiancee for the gift of admission and gratefully accepted the money she transferred to me. From the fact that it was an entrance gift, my ex-fiancée may have mistakenly thought that the money given on November 1 was an entrance fee, but it was an entrance gift equivalent to one semester's tuition, not a loan.

 In the Shukan Gendai article, my ex-fiancé said that he had been asked to pay the entrance fee and other tuition support because he had been accepted to International Christian University and Meiji University and wanted to go to the former even though the tuition was higher, but I paid the entrance fee myself and this is not true. As for the tuition support, there were some words from my ex-fiancé as described in "5" (1), but in the end, I paid all the tuition with my own savings and scholarship. Incidentally, I have never applied to Meiji University.

 2] In September 2012, I went to study at the University of California, Los Angeles for one year using the university's exchange program. Since I needed to have a sufficient balance in my bank account for this purpose, my mother asked my ex-fiancé to temporarily transfer 2 million yen to me. When my mother told him that she would like to return the money to him now that she has successfully obtained a visa, my ex-fiancé told her that it would be too much trouble to transfer the money every time, so she asked him to use it for her living expenses for the time being. We decided to use the money for our living expenses. I think the reason he said it was too much trouble to transfer the money one by one was because there would come a time in the future when we would need support, so he asked us to save it all together. In the Shukan Gendai article, it is said that the ex-fiancee transferred 2 million yen as study abroad expenses, but this is not true. As for the study abroad expenses, they were covered by a scholarship that supports study abroad, a university scholarship, and my savings (part-time job). There were reports that my mother offered to use the money for living expenses, but this is not true.

 There are reports that my mother proposed to break off the engagement, but this is completely wrong. It is strange that such reports are being made, because there seems to be no such statement made by the former fiancé.

 There was a history of engagement after discussing financial issues, and when the ex-fiancee got engaged, he said, "Since we are going to be a family, I will fully back you up, including financially, and if you have any financial problems, please don't hesitate to tell me anytime. After the earthquake, my mother believed in his words: "We can't pretend that we don't know each other when we are in trouble, it is only natural that we should cooperate with each other since we are going to be a family. She thought that it was because he had lost his feelings for her, but she did not think that it was about money.

 I was present at the meeting and heard this exchange myself. Also, since there is a recording, I can confirm that the ex-fiancee said, "I had no intention of asking for it back. This recording has been confirmed by the lawyer I consulted when I suddenly received a letter from my ex-fiancee around August 2013, several lawyers I have consulted, and the lawyer representing my mother (see Note 4 in "3").

 The following is an excerpt of the relevant part of this recording, in which the following exchange takes place. When my mother started to say that she would like to settle the support, and my ex-fiancee responded by saying that it was a gift and that she had no intention of asking for repayment from the beginning, I thought it would be a good idea to record it, so I recorded it on the spur of the moment. I recorded it on the spur of the moment, thinking it would be better to record it. After this exchange, we moved on to a topic that had nothing to do with support during the engagement period, and the topic of support during the engagement period did not come up again until the end.

 Ex-fiancee: "I wasn't going to ask for it back.
 Mom: "Is there such a thing?
 Ex-fiancee: "Oh no, I said, is there, because at that time, because...
 Mom: "Is there such a thing as 'because' I wonder. I've never met anyone like that.
 I've never met anyone like that before. Yes.
 My ex-fiancee said, "Yes. I didn't intend to ask for it back at all... I paid for it.

 The existence of this recording was reported by the mother's representative to the reporter who was the contact person for the ex-fiancee (details will be explained in "6" (1) below), but we have not been able to confirm whether the reporter told the ex-fiancee or not.

 The article in the Shukan Gendai says that my mother did not respond immediately after receiving the letter in August, but the fact is different because she did respond immediately. However, perhaps because she was in too much of a hurry to reply, the date of the annulment is wrong (the letter states that the date of the annulment was September 14, but as stated in "5" (3), the actual date of the annulment was September 13). In addition, I am very sorry to say that the name of my ex-fiancee is listed incorrectly. Also, for some reason, instead of the properly recorded statement "I had no intention of asking for the money back," I have included the statement based on my mother's memory that it was given to her and that she had no intention of asking for repayment from the beginning (please refer to Note 14 of "5"). All of these things are very difficult to understand in hindsight, but my mother and I were completely unaware of these things at the time because we were surprised and upset that my ex-fiancee had sent us a letter that said the exact opposite of what she had said herself. Even after I gave the letter to my ex-fiancee, as I wrote in "5" (5), I thought I had convinced her, and I only realized the above when I checked the letter again after the news report came out.

 In the Shukan Gendai article, it is said that my mother only replied that she did not borrow the 4 million yen, but that it was a gift, but this is not true. As explained in Note 9 of "4," the mother explained the reason for breaking off the engagement and told the ex-fiancee that she had no money for alimony. The fact that the ex-fiancee did not say anything in response to this is explained in "5" (4).

 In addition, it has been reported that my mother has paid the gift tax. I didn't think I needed to pay the gift tax until then, but after the news report, an acquaintance asked me if I had paid the gift tax, so I paid it as a precaution.

 My ex-fiancee seems to have recorded this exchange and provided it to a weekly magazine. Some of the past weekly magazine reports claimed that this recording was made by me, but it was made by my ex-fiancee. My mother and I were unaware of the existence of the recording until we saw it in the press.

 Since my mother and I lived in the same condominium, we would exchange greetings whenever we saw each other, and since I became the president of the condominium from July 2017 to June 2018, I was able to attend regular meetings of the condominium management association and the management association and management company. I frequently met my ex-fiancee at regular meetings between the condominium management association, management association and the company. After the news report with Mako came out in May 2017, my ex-fiancee even told me that she was supporting me. I think we would have had plenty of opportunities to talk if we thought the issue had not been resolved, but we never talked about our support during the engagement.

Read Previous                                                                                  Read More


Full Text of Komuro's 28-page Document #1

Full Text of Komuro's 28-page Document #2

Full Text of Komuro's 28-page Document #3

Full Test of Komuro's 28-page Document #4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kei Komuro Listed at Major U.S. Law Firm :There are Also Allegations of Career Fraud

Kei Komuro Receives "JFK Award": a New Allegation of Career Fraud?

Kei Komuro's Mother Criminally Charged with Fraud

What is Kei Komuro's Debt Problem

Classmate Bullying by Komuro

US to Pay for Mako and Kei's Security in the US, Japan Reports

Reported Scandals: The Japanese Will Never Accept Komuro

Mako Komuro and Kei Attend Funeral of Mako's grandfather with Akishino Family

Kei Komuro Fails NY State Bar Exam?

Former fiancée of Kei Komuro's mother releases comments: "I've asked Kei to convey her own wishes..."