HIH Princess Aiko's Coming-of-age Press Conference: "Share hardships and joys with the people as a member of the Imperial Family"

 







 

Click here to read the full text of press conference.

 

Her Imperial Highnesses Princess Toshinomiya Aiko, the only daughter of Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress, attended a press conference on the occasion of her coming of age on March 17.

Princess Aiko expressed her aspirations as an adult member of the Imperial Family, saying, "I will do my best in my duties, cherishing each and every one of them.”

 

Princess Aiko became an adult member of the Imperial Family on her 20th birthday last December. On the afternoon of the 17th, she held her first press conference at her residence, the Imperial Palace, as she had settled down for the spring break from her university studies.

 

At the beginning of her speech, Princess Aiko mentioned the earthquake that occurred late in the evening of the 16th, and said that she was "heartbroken" for the victims of the earthquake and expressed her "heartfelt sympathy to the bereaved families and those who have been affected by the disaster.”

 

She then spoke about her aspirations as an adult member of IF, stating that her priority for the time being will be her studies, but adding, "I will do my best to help Their Majesties the Emperor and the other members of the Imperial Family as much as I can, while taking each of my duties seriously."

 

She also stated, "I recognize that the basic and most important spirit of the Imperial Family is to always wish for the happiness of the people and to fulfill its duties while sharing hardships and joys with the people."

 

As one of these, Princess Aiko mentioned that she would continue to be mindful of the disaster-stricken areas, and said, "I hope that we can also place importance on continuing to think of those who are going through hardships."

 

When asked about her own personality, Princess Aiko said that she is often described as "calm" and "innocent," and as her own strength, she humorously smiled and described, "I guess I can sleep anywhere”.

 

On the other hand, when asked about marriage, she replied, "It seems a long way off for me, and I've never thought about it.” As for her ideal partner, she said, "I don't have a specific one in mind, but I think that a relationship in which we can be together and make each other smile would be ideal."

 

Regarding Mako Komuro, the eldest daughter of Prince and Princess Akishino, who married last year, she said, "I am grateful that she has always been as cheerful and kind to me as ever since I was a child, and as her cousin, I wish her a long and happy life.”

 

At the press conference, Princess Aiko was also asked how she views the current situation in Ukraine, to which she replied, "I am very saddened by the loss of so many precious lives in Ukraine.”

 

She then quoted His Majesty the Emperor's words at a press conference last month, "I hope that people-to-people exchanges will lead to a peaceful world where people recognize each other beyond national and regional boundaries," and added, "I have a strong desire for peace."

 

The press conference lasted nearly 30 minutes, but Princess Aiko answered each question carefully in her own words, without looking down at the manuscript she had prepared in advance.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kei Komuro Listed at Major U.S. Law Firm :There are Also Allegations of Career Fraud

Kei Komuro Receives "JFK Award": a New Allegation of Career Fraud?

Kei Komuro's Mother Criminally Charged with Fraud

What is Kei Komuro's Debt Problem

Classmate Bullying by Komuro

US to Pay for Mako and Kei's Security in the US, Japan Reports

Reported Scandals: The Japanese Will Never Accept Komuro

Mako Komuro and Kei Attend Funeral of Mako's grandfather with Akishino Family

Kei Komuro Fails NY State Bar Exam?

Former fiancée of Kei Komuro's mother releases comments: "I've asked Kei to convey her own wishes..."